[ad_1]
of President Donald Trump Incoming ‘Border Tsar’ Tom Homan issues warning about the state of U.S. national security. Following the attacks in New Orleans and the Cybertruck explosion outside the Trump Hotel in Las Vegas on New Year’s Day,
In an interview with “America Reports” on Thursday. The former acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement said the U.S. In imminent danger This is because the southern border remains a risk to national security.
“We are not out of the woods,” Homan said. “This country is in grave danger. We must preserve that border. And despite what happened over the past two days in Las Vegas and New Orleans, This government will not stop. They continue to release thousands of people every week” … without proper scrutiny.”
Who is Shamsuddin Jabbar? What we know about the Orleans New Year’s terror suspect

Shamsud Din-Jabbar is pictured in an undated photo released by the FBI. after he attacked Bourbon Street in New Orleans with a pickup truck and died in a shootout with responding officers. (FBI)
“We have a number of known vacation destinations, over 2 million people come to this country. We don’t know who they are, where they come from, or what their purpose was in coming to this country,” he continued.
Homan said he looks forward to President-elect Donald Trump taking back “power” to “Secure this border and protect our national security.”
His warning came after the suspect was identified. Shamsuddin Jabbar where dozens of ISIS flags were swept away at a New Year’s parade on Bourbon Street in New Orleans. This resulted in at least 14 deaths and more than 30 injuries. He was killed in a shootout with police.
Jabbar is an American born in Texas. Having previously served in the U.S. military, Jabbar said in a Facebook video before the attack that he had joined ISIS before this summer. and prepared a will and testament, according to the FBI.
The suspect behind the cyber truck that exploded at the Trump hotel has been identified as an active duty U.S. Army soldier.
Authorities are investigating possible military connections between Jabbar and the Las Vegas suspects. Identified by law enforcement to The Associated Press as Matthew Livelsberger, he is an active duty U.S. Army Special Forces operations sergeant. who are taking leave from Germany He was stationed with the 10th Special Forces Group and most recently served as a Green Beret.
Livelsberger is suspected of being the driver of the Tesla Cybertruck that exploded outside the Trump International Hotel. Las Vegas On New Year’s Day, the truck was loaded with gasoline. and camping fuel containers Like a large firework mortar. As specified by officials
Given the nature of the attack, Homan said he has a “feeling” that both the New Orleans New Year’s Day attack and the Las Vegas explosion are connected, even though the FBI and police are not. Evidence linking the two attacks has been found in this phase of the investigation.
“This is an instinctive feeling. I’ve been doing this for three and a half decades. I just think there are too many similarities,” Homan told Fox News anchor Sandra Smith. “Too many coincidences. I thought there was something up ahead — they would show there was some connection… I could be wrong — it was just a gut feeling I had.”

Matthew Livelsberger was renting a Tesla Cybertruck in Denver, Colorado, when it exploded in front of the Trump International Hotel in Las Vegas on New Year’s Day. (Alcides Antunes/via REUTERS left and Fox News right)
Homan points to the military backgrounds of both individuals. and urged the incoming Trump administration to increase “insider threat analysis,” which he said has been overlooked by the Biden administration
“We have two people serving in the military who (accused of) committing a terrorist act We must delve deeper into insider threats in our military and federal agencies…” he warned.
On Thursday, the FBI said investigators believe the New Orleans attack suspect acted alone. Although it was previously considered a possible connection to the Tesla explosion. Cybertruck, whatever.
Both Jabbar and Liversberger work at Fort Liberty. which was formerly known as Fort Bragg in north carolina But US officials One person said there was no overlap with work assigned there. They are stationed at the same base, but at different times, and there are currently more than 50,000 U.S. soldiers stationed at Fort Liberty.

Tom Homan, Trump’s ‘border tsar’ who came to talk to Fox News (Fox News)
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
“As you know There is also an FBI investigation in Las Vegas. We are following all possible leads and have not ruled anything out. However, at this point there is no clear connection between the attack here in New Orleans and the attack in Las Vegas.” Christopher Raia, deputy assistant director of counterterrorism at the FBI, told reporters Thursday.
Fox News Digital’s Anders Hagstrom and Danielle Wallace contributed to this report.
[ad_2]
Source link